Sunday, November 13, 2016

My Daughter Loves Kookabuk!




Happy Sunday loves! I received this amazing book by Kevin and Jesse Howard called Kookabuk Shares His Shovel. Besides the cover being sooooo adorable, this book touched mine and my daughter's hearts. My daughter was so excited, she couldn't wait for bedtime, she asked to read it whilst I prepared dinner.

This book is the first installment of a new series. Emily helps her friend Kookabuk learn to share his most favorite toy, a green shovel. Kookabuk has Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and doesn't react to Emily choosing his shovel to play with very well. As some children don't enjoy the aspect of sharing, Kookabuk's reaction is intense & very protective of his toy. His mother steps in to guide them both into a calm interaction. In doing so, it caused for two children to have a fun and amazing playtime together.

What I love most is the mother's interaction with Emily and Kookabuk. She made sure each one understood the concept of sharing and playing with one another. This book also called for a wonderful discussion with my daughter and I. It caused me to educate myself a bit further in order to give my child the proper understanding of what Autistic Spectrum Disorder means.





Words from my daughter "This book is great! It teaches kids about sharing and Kookabuk's mom helped them to have fun together. I can't wait to read all of these books! Oh yeah, I love the sharing poem too"! We highly suggest this series for all children. Have a wonderful evening....

www.kookabuk.com


Peace & Love
Xx
~Katina & Sanaa

No comments:

Post a Comment