Sunday, October 9, 2016

3 Ingredients For The Best Night's Sleep

Hey loves!!! I couldn't end this weekend without sharing this amazing simple recipe for Banana Cinnamon Tea. Yep! Banana! So, thanks to my youngest son for paying attention to the fact that my sleep is back to being damn near non existent!

He remembered reading somewhere that a homemade concoction of boiling bananas helps change that. You bet, I jumped on it about an hour after this life changing revelation! I hit the kitchen and within the next hour and a half, was drooling on my pillow! Well figuratively speaking because I don't drool. 

OMG! The aroma is heavenly! My eldest son came in and excitedly asked if I was baking Banana Bread. I hate I had to wipe that smile off of his face. LOL This is the best tea that I've had as of late and to think a banana can send you off to dreamland, and keep you there! Hope you all enjoy! 



All you need 

1 banana skin on; cut off ends
2 whole cinnamon sticks
2.5 cups of purified water

Put all contents into a pot and boil for 10 minutes. Remove contents, being careful with the banana. It will be soft of course. If you want it really sweet, you can add Stevia, which is much better than sugar. Truth be told, I didn't end up adding anything. The natural sweetness from the banana was perfect! 

I did add a pinch of ground ginger + a pinch of ground cinnamon afterwards. What's even better, you can discard the banana peel, sprinkle some ground cinnamon on the banana and enjoy it for breakfast the next morning. 


Sip & enjoy!

Peace & Love
Xx
~Katina

No comments:

Post a Comment