Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Spicy Shrimp Tempura Collard Wraps





Hey loves!!! It was a must that I share this recipe with you! These wraps were soooooo damn good!!!! I wasn't sure if my mini would be sold but boy was I wrong! She loved them! I can pretty much eat like a rabbit (yes, I eat my kale raw) so I didn't stem these babies at all. I rolled them cleaned and raw!

After a vinegar/water bath, pat towel dry the collard leaves. What I did to soften them a bit was lay them out on the counter top while I cooked the quinoa and shrimp. The warmth of the kitchen was all I needed to do the job. I cut the stem off at the bottom, thinning out the entire stem along the leaf with a knife (being very careful not to slice too close and cut the leaf) in a scraping motion. This makes it easy to roll without breaking the stem.


What you need:

Tempura batter
1 lb of jumbo shrimp; raw, peeled, deveined, tails off
1 1/4 cup of flour
2 tbs corn starch
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (optional for that added crunch)
2/3 cup cold water ( add more as needed)
2-3 cups of unrefined coconut oil

quinoa
half large red bell pepper; julienned
1 large diced tomato
half red onion; diced

Directions

Cook quinoa in pot according to bag directions. Cool. Heat coconut oil in deep pot or deep fryer on med/high heat. Mix dry ingredients for tempura, whisk in water gradually. Dip shrimp in batter one at a time, then roll in panko and slide into oil carefully. Cook until browned and drain excess oil on paper towels.

Now for the good part! Place each collard leaf outer side down. Stack your leaf like a burrito. Quinoa, tempura shrimp (squeeze as much sriracha your mouth can take in a zig zag motion all over your shrimp), red onion, peppers & tomato. Roll it up, making sure to fold in the ends as you go. Slice diagonally in half and chow down!

* if you have carrots and sprouts, throw them in too! I was out lol



Always....
Peace & Love
Xx
~Katina







No comments:

Post a Comment