Monday, November 23, 2015

Coconut Lavender Coffee Scrub

Hey loves! Happy Monday!! I try to pamper myself a bit every weekend with a special diy. Ladies we all know these chilly months will dry out our skin if we neglect ourselves, so let's get to it shall we? The water is very hard on my skin where I live, and I absolutely can't stand it! So, I decided to put together an oil body scrub with a bomb ass scent! I used Unrefined Coconut Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Peet's Organic Gaia Ground Coffee, and Coconut Palm Sugar. I couldn't stop rubbing my own damn legs! Jump on it ladies, your men will thank you! Never compromise when it comes to your skin. Oh let me tell you! Keep in mind your using oil, so it WILL get a bit messy!

Here's a few benefits! Exfoliating with coffee grounds improves circulation, leaving you with smooth, glowing skin. Also, reducing the appearance of cellulite, giving your skin a firmer look.

Coconut oil is a great skin softener, and aids in doing away with dryness. Giving your skin an even tone and reducing the appearance of pores.

Essential Lavender oil is used for aromatherapy. Besides it's invigorating scent, it's very soothing and can relief stress along with anxiety. With it's antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, it is also used to treat various skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, wrinkles and other inflammatory conditions.

How amazing to know the exact ingredients of what your putting on your body! It's extremely important to use the safe, organic products if possible. It will make all the difference.


Here's to a fabulous week ahead! ;)



*forgive me if these measurements aren't exact. I usually toss it all in, add whatever I desire for the consistency I want

2 heaping tbs coffee grounds
6-8 drops of essential oil
1 tbs coconut sugar
started with about a 1/4 cup of coconut oil, mixed in more to desired consistency. Make sure it's not too thin because you want it thick enough as a scrub.


Make sure to put into a container with a top or glass jar. Here I re-used one of my oil jars.



My shower was the best spot


No comments:

Post a Comment