Friday, August 7, 2015

DIY duster paired with comfy joggers

Happy Friday loves! Since my high school years, I was good good for revamping an outfit into something new and different. Being I was the baby of the family and last child at home, I must say, I was a "Daddy's Girl" & truly spoiled. The things I had were great but most times I wanted my clothes to look like something else after the first wear. My parents (mainly my Dad) would flip whenever I cut, pinned or hand sewed
something in my closet. Lol...Shocking I never went into fashion design lol. Ironically, my eldest daughter followed this trait and surpassed me to sewing, sketching, etc. I've been wanting to purchase a duster for some time, yet the one's I'm drawn to are quite expensive ( of course my taste). So, I decided to simply turn an old summer dress I no longer wore, into one which came out quite nicely. All was needed were a pair of scissors and a steady hand. This dress tied at the back so I knotted both ends of each piece, cut the ends of the strings down & voila!!! Simple & chic!



Joggers - H&M


This is the most beautiful oil painted envelope clutch I found on eBay. Also comes with a shoulder strap. This picture does it no justice!

Shoes - Burlington Coat Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment