Friday, June 26, 2015
Before my coffee....
I typically try my best to sip a very warm glass of lemon water first thing in the morning prior to that cuppa joe. There are many health benefits of drinking lemon water. Throughout the day I will have 6-8 glasses of my lemon, mint, cucumber, & ginger detox water (post to come) so I will incorporate lemon with all the water I drink. Quite honestly, I hate the taste of plain water and my water has to be at room temp for me to even drink it. Yeah, go figure! Drinking water is important to help the body naturally eliminate cellular waste. Check out these facts and try to incorporate a warm cup of lemon water into your weekly routine. Your body will thank you for it!
Here's 5 health benefits of drinking lemon water
1. Helps Digestion- Drinking warm water in the morning will aid in flushing the digestive system and re hydrating your body.
2. Flush Liver- Sleep is the body's time to restore, so drinking enough water throughout the day, starting in the morning can help stimulate proper stomach acid production. It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
3. Boosts The Immune System- Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning gives our body the immune boost that we need. Lemons contains nutrients like potassium, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, pectin fiber and a small amount of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is good for the adrenals. Pectin fiber is beneficial for colon health.
4. Healthier Skin- Lemon water helps to flush the body and improve digestion which can lead to healthier looking skin. Vitamin C is needed for collagen production for smooth, healthy skin.
5. Reduces inflammation- It will reduce the acidity in your body, reducing the uric acid in your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.